In his recent Christmas Vigil homily, Pope Benedict XVI said: “Time given to God and, in his name, to our neighbour is never time lost. It is the time when we are most truly alive, when we live our humanity to the full.” To make Christmas truly merry and meaningful we must find time to praise God and be of service to others. Here are some suggestions on how to spend your time and yourself to help those in need.
1. SERVE those who feel unwanted, unloved and uncared-for.
2. PRAY for peace. Pray for others. Pray often.
3. INSPIRE others to be faithful to their commitments.
4. GIVE generously, without expecting anything in return.
5. LIVE your life in such a way that you become a living witness of God’s compassion.
6. HELP bring some moments of peace and comfort to a hurting friend or neighbor.
7. SHARE your most important possession to someone who truly needs it.