One of the blessings of the work that I do is being able to travel a lot. And because I get to travel a lot I get to meet a lot of amazing people. I cannot anymore count the number of friends and acquaintances who have inspired me to be more courageous in facing challenges. And for that I am forever thankful.
To them that power up courage in me I dedicate these ten quotations.
- “Being deeply loved by someone gives you strength, while loving someone deeply gives you courage.” — Laozi
- “Being negative is easy. There will always be a downside to everything good, a hurdle to everything desirable, a con to every pro. The real courage is in finding the good in what you have, the opportunities in every hurdle, the pros in every con.” — Carolyn Hax
- “Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.” — Winston S. Churchill
- “We need people in our lives with whom we can be as open as possible. To have real conversations with people may seem like such a simple, obvious suggestion, but it involves courage and risk.” — Thomas Moore
- “It takes much bravery to stand up to our enemies but we need as much bravery to stand up to our friends.” — J.K. Rowling
- “Courage is what it takes to stand up and speak; courage is also what it takes to sit down and listen.” — Winston Churchill
- “The courage of life is a magnificent mixture of triumph and tragedy. A man does what he must, in spite of personal consequences, in spite of obstacles and dangers and pressures. And that is the basis of all morality”.” — John Fitzgerald Kennedy
- “It hurts to love someone and not be loved in return, but what is the most painful is to love someone and never find the courage to let the person know how you feel.” — Author Unknown
- “Sometimes moving on is not something that everyone wants. It is the courage and the strength to hold on to the things that you love and cherish the most that counts and the willingness to sacrifice anything for the one thing that matters to us most. Its the one thing that makes life worth living. Existing is common, Living is rare. Don’t mix them both to be the same.” — Thomas Alex
- “Courage doesn’t always roar. Sometimes courage is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying, “I will try again tomorrow.” — Mary Anne Radmacher
Image source: http://www.flickr.com/photos/loomingma/3078527271/