Oprah Winfrey is an inspiration to millions of people worldwide. She talks with sense, entertains her audience creatively and lives life with passion. And of course she has also poured millions of dollars into charitable works. Which makes one say that she indeed walks her talk.
Although, I must confess, I do not watch her TV show that often, I visit her website regularly as it has a section that offers practical tips on how to lead a better, happier life.
Here’s ten of my most favorite Oprah quotations that might jumpstart your week right.
- “Turn your wounds into wisdom.”
- “It makes no difference how many peaks you reach if there was no pleasure in the climb.”
- “The more you praise and celebrate your life, the more there is in life to celebrate.”
- “Be thankful for what you have; you’ll end up having more. If you concentrate on what you don’t have, you will never, ever have enough”
- “Breathe. Let go. And remind yourself that this very moment is the only one you know you have for sure.”
- “I’ve come to believe that each of us has a personal calling that’s as unique as a fingerprint – and that the best way to succeed is to discover what you love and then find a way to offer it to others in the form of service, working hard, and also allowing the energy of the universe to lead you.”
- “Challenges are gifts that force us to search for a new center of gravity. Don’t fight them. Just find a new way to stand.”
- “When you undervalue what you do, the world will undervalue who you are.”
- “You don’t become what you want, you become what you believe.”
- “The whole point of being alive is to evolve into the complete person you were intended to be.”
Image source: http://www.flickr.com/photos/vincealongi/2936158964/